Top 5 Things to Do at the California Dreamin’ Conference
The 2017 California Dreamin’ Conference is only two short days away, and we’re so excited, our bags are already packed! There’s so much to look forward to, but let’s run through our top five things we can’t wait for.
- The Keynote Speakers. The California Dreamin’ conference always delivers amazing keynote speakers, and this year is no different. On Saturday evening, we’ll be hearing from the recipient of RWA’s 2016 Lifetime Achievement Award, bestselling author Robyn Carr. Then on Sunday afternoon, bestselling historical romance author Sarah MacLean will help us say goodbye.
- Education. Have you taken a look at all the fabulous workshops that are being offered? From conflict to contracts, from backstory to branding, there’s something to learn, no matter what stage of your career you’re in. And if you’re signed up for Book Camp with Debra Dixon, you’re in for an intensive Book-In-A-Day workshop.
- Volunteering. One of the best ways to maximize your conference experience is to sign up for a volunteer shift. You’ll get to meet new people while helping out, and you also put yourself in the running for a free registration to the 2019 conference! As of now, the conference committee is still in need of volunteers. Check out the vacancies and sign up today!
- Pitches and Critiques. When else do you get the chance for some one-on-one feedback from top industry experts? Six editors and four literary agents will be giving critiques to those who’ve already registered. And if you’re preparing to give a pitch, be sure to attend Pitch Practice with Beth Yarnall on Friday night in the Mezzanine.
- The Reader Appreciation Event. There’s nothing authors love more than connecting with our fans, and this is a great opportunity to do so! Buy a ticket for Book Bingo – it’s only $5 to spend one-on-one time with your favorite authors! – or swing by afterward for the free book signing in the atrium of the hotel. So many of our RWA San Diego authors will be participating, including:
- Jackie Allen
- C.J. Corbin
- HelenKay Dimon
- Judy Duarte
- Christy Jeffries
- Lisa Kessler
- Georgie Lee
- Pamela Moran
Can’t wait to see you all in a couple of days!