Date: May 15–27th, 2017
Instructor: Denise Alicea
WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. It’s used on many hosting companies from Godaddy to Dreamhost. It also has a free option via wordpress.com. Just like all technology it has a lot of perks, but how to learn them all? Lots of options become scary and complicated! Who has time to learn for something new? Don’t know all the resources or who to go to? Then this is the perfect class for you!
Know Your Resources/Where to Start/hosting/wordpress.com
• Hosting companies that offer wordpress for a fair price
• What does wordpress.com offer?
The Wordpress Dashboard
• Logging into your account
• Managing Comments
• Tracking statistics
• Customizing the dashboard’s appearance
• Updating your personal settings and profile
• Updating general settings
Themes & Customization
• How to I customize my page?
• What are themes? Where can I get them?
• Learning how to customize a header.
• Custom fonts
• Menus/navigation for your website.
• What are plugins?
• What plugins can offer and where to get them.
Writing a post or a Page.
• How to add a post and what is quick press?
• Adding links
• What are categories and tags?
• Scheduling a post
• Copy/pasting a post
Adding and Managing Media
• How to add a photo
• How to add a video
• Adding pdfs, .doc, etc.
• How to manage your media
Working with Link Lists
• Adding links
• Managing links
Questions and Answers
Working in Social Media, IT, and tech giant, Apple as a certified trainer for several years, Denise has always loved working with people. Using WordPress and degrees in Marketing, Public Relations, and Creative writing has opened a variety of doors. Denise is now taking those skills and offering it to those who need them. An award winning author and a professional book blogger , Denise has had the pleasure of speaking at Book Expo America and several chapters of Romance Writers of America.
Website: http://thepenmuse.net , http://denisealicea.com, and http://moonsstardustdesigns.com/